Be part of a growing global team.
At Clairvolex, we are committed to a bold Mission - to unlock value sitting in our customers’ patent portfolios by merging practical experience, deep subject matter expertise, and next-gen Intellectual Property software solutions. Join us.
We provide clear career paths for team members at every level to reach their personal and professional goals.
Be part of a team comprised of committed, innovative, knowledge-seeking peers and leadership.
Gain access to industry-leading technologies, proven processes, and sophisticated domain knowledge to help accelerate your work delivery and your career.
Apply for one of our Open Positions
The IP Docketing Specialist provides electronic-based, timely, detailed, and accurate docketing support to the client’s IP paralegal & docketing unit. The docketing associate (or specialist) accurately maintains the docket records according to established policies and procedures (SOP), performs all functions relating to the review of documents, and exercises discretion and confidentiality as per the service level agreement.
Reads, comprehends, and dockets the incoming emails & correspondences from the Patent and Trademark Office (US and Non-US) for the respective worldwide customer using electronic procedures.
- Opens new matters, including identifying matter type for rule sets, and enters key bibliographic information with accuracy (e.g., priority application information, inventor names, assignee names, etc).
- Identifies ‘corner cases’ efficiently and dockets after calibration with the Docketing manager or as per SOPs.
- Identifies the critical dates and key information in less commonly docketed documents and effectively safeguards the clients and the law firms from docketing risks, even when there is no defined docketing protocol in SOP.
- Confirms the accuracy of abandonment instructions with the client’s IP operations lead and handles formal abandonment procedures in the docketing system for matter files.
- Runs basic queries, generates, and formats Excel reports for consistency calibration and audits for matters docketed.
- Validation of prosecution data with respect to its accuracy and completeness by comparing the data residing in the docketing system and data from public data sources (Global Dossier, USPTO Patent Centre, ESPACENET, etc.)
- Understands and explains docketing policies, procedures, and rules to other team members during monthly/quarterly docketing process reviews.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned by the Account & Delivery manager.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all documentation processed.
Qualification for the position:
The position requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any subject.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of docketing experience during which knowledge, skills, and abilities relevant to the position were attained.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with colleagues, managers, and clients
· Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions in the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements, while maintaining an extremely high level of accuracy
· Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyse and interpret data from several sources, and solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
· Intermediate knowledge of MS suite, particularly related to the use of Outlook features and Excel formatting
· Technical proficiency in one or more popular web-based docketing system
· Demonstrated attention to detail.
· Patience and perseverance to learn the subject matter and skill in use.
1. Develop expertise in at least one technical domain/ sub-domain and work as a knowledge center for the same, provide recommendations on technical problems that are identified by team members to enhance work deliverable quality
2. Review and analyze the technical disclosure in view of the novelty and inventiveness of the disclosure, understand technologies and discuss with peers and technical associates
3. Perform patent search, analytics, licensing support work such as knock out search, patentability search, invalidity search, freedom to operate search, landscape search, patent categorization, etc. independently and guide the assigned technical associates
4. Quality check and Peer check the work deliverables before sending to clients
5. Perform multiple tasks and works independently on assigned projects including creating and supporting technical expertise to support the projects
6. Apply skills for interpretation and presentation of the technology during assigned projects
7. Participate in project communications and client meetings, assists in scoping preparation from technical aspects
8. Conduct technology reading sessions and studies on patent law concepts with team members
9. Perform as per organizational objectives, complying with project and team’s administrative requirements.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Engineering subjects from an accredited university
- 3-7 years’ experience
1. Work in and encourage team player environment
2. Offers constructive feedback
3. Attention to detail
4. Strong verbal communication and written skills
5. Good listening skills
6. Organization skills and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
7. Ability to learn, understand, and use processes and templates
· Check for various Triggers for IDS through different Internal Reports and Client Databases.
· Maintaining of Tracker and priorities requests according to US Prosecution
· Docketing IDS deadlines entry, review, maintaining of records for different Clients and communicating with the Correspondence side
· Identification of related corresponding Families and understanding the Subject Matter Relationship
· Extraction of references through various Public Portal such as Espacenet, USPTO, Patento scope, Global Dossier.
· Deadline management - internal, client side and PTO side.
· Timely and regular follow up with the agents, staff, and clients, and observes confidentiality of IDS Department and/or firm matters.
· Works as part of a team to identify, collectively distribute, and effectively complete all work received by the Supervisor each day
· Understands the criticality of the deadlines relating to Intellectual Property governing entities
· Graduation in any stream
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· 1-4 years of work experience In IDS
· Excellent knowledge of US Patent Prosecution
· Good command over English Language
· MS Word
· MS Excel
· PDF Editor
· Attention to detail
· Critical thinking
· Good Communication
· Excellent English Reading skill
· Analytical skills
You are invited to be part of a niche product development team built over last three years by carefully selecting product professionals, solving an exciting challenge in the global Intellectual Property/Patent space. You will be part of Team Clair, a start-up of twenty-member, agile team working on cutting edge IP-tech technologies. You will be responsible for further building and enhancing new version of already built Clair suite of products (Clair IDS, Clair Docket Assist, Clair Drafter and Clair Insights) and will work in developing newer products to add to the suite.
Product & Position Overview
Clairvolex is looking to hire a Full Stack Developer to work on design and implementation of its software products in the engineering function, based out of Bangalore. The candidate is expected to ensure design and implement the various functionalities of various existing products and the currently slated products for development (Clair IDS, Clair Docket Assist, Clair Drafter and Clair Insights).
Roles & Responsibilities:
a. Full Stack Developer will be solely responsible for designing and implementing the right features, components of the various software products that would be highly scalable, performant, and secure. In this regard, the candidate should be capable of:
b. Evaluating the right design patterns and come up with the scalable, performant, and flexible design for the problem at hand
c. Implementing the feature, component using the best code practices and the right design
d. Ensuring proper documentation of code, write unit tests, mocks and ensure the code quality is as per the given criteria
e. Ensuring proper management of code using the right branching, pull request creation and merging techniques
f. Evaluating, obtain approval and implementing right external tools / frameworks that can help implement the feature /component efficiently
g. Reviewing the codes of peer and do pair programming where needed
h. Supporting to fix the existing bugs in development, product to stabilize the product
i. Upgrading the existing tools, frameworks and help reduce the tech debt
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· B. Tech Computer Sciences
· Full Stack Development type experience in early career (3+ years)
· Importantly, the candidate should be hands on the various tools and technologies related to the development
Interested candidates can share their resumes at email@example.com with Job Code as 03CSE0822
Realize the untapped potential of intellectual property to grow value for your business.
Connect with us to discuss how Clairvolex can help enhance the value of your IP Portfolio.